To ensure your print arrives in perfect condition, we ship all prints larger than A3 rolled in a tube. If you are having your print professionally framed, you do not need to do anything – delivering the print in the original packaging is the safest method.
If you need to flatten a curled print yourself, follow these instructions:
- Prepare a flat, smooth, hard work surface free of all debris, grit and dust.
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly. We strongly recommend the use of cotton gloves if available.
- Startingat the edge closest to you, and keeping the tissue paper used during shipping in place, roll the print in the opposite direction to the curl. Be careful not to roll it too tightly or you may damage the print.
- Place the rolled print back into the shipping tube.
- Allow the print to sit. The amount of time required will generally be one to five hours, depending on ambient temperature and humidity.
- Remove the print and unroll it image side up onto a flat surface.
- With the tissue paper covering the printed image, place a few smooth, flat, heavy objects on the ends of the print. Let the print sit for another few hours.
- Remove the heavy objects. If your print is still is not flat, let it sit with the heavy objects holding it down for another couple of hours.